Proper aftercare is essential to keeping your tattoo looking its best for as long as possible. INK staff will go over care instructions with you before you leave and give you A&D ointment, but it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to correctly care for your tattoo once you leave the shop.
Healing time varies from person to person, but generally ranges from 1-3 weeks.
1. Remove the bandage after 4-6 Hours. If the bandage is sticking or difficult to remove, wet it down.
2. Gently wash the area with cool water and a mild, non-irritating soap. Be sure to wash off all the ointment, excess color and blood.
3. Dab it with a soft and CLEAN towel to dry.
4. Immediately start using the A&D ointment provided to you. Use a small amount and thoroughly rub it in. Wipe away excess if needed.
5. DO NOT RE-BANDAGE.
6. Always with clean hands: Use the A&D ointment 2-3 times each day, for 2-3 days. Keep the tattoo clean and soft.
7. After 2-3 days, switch to using a non-scented, non-irritating lotion numerous times a day until it's healed. Eucerin, Aveeno, Lubriderm are some brands that are typically used.
8. The tattoo might itch, peel, flake, and/or have slight scabbing as it heals. This is totally normal, and will pass. DO NOT PICK or SCRATCH at the tattoo.
9. Things to AVOID while your new tattoo is healing:
- Direct sunlight and tanning beds
- Soaking in a bath, hot tub, sauna, pool, lake, etc.
- Touching it with dirty hands, and not keeping it clean
- Overusing the ointment or lotion, or using a lotion that is causes irritation
- Using Neosporin or Bacitracin on your new tattoo (we do not recommend these due to high risk of allergic reactions)
10. Once your tattoo is healed, using SPF 30 or higher will keep your tattoo from prematurely aging.
11. Call or email us if you have any questions or concerns
- (715) 394-6533